Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Packing

 Spending time packing-it's like peeling away pieces of your past...today, I looked at my past as an educator.

Today, while packing my classroom, I found pieces of a person I barely remember--one who spent every waking moment
Planning, thinking, creating...STUFF for my class--
As I tossed so many THINGS away, I thought about who I am as an educator --who I have become--a person and a teacher who spends more time
LIVING--and sharing life with her class
My greatest lessons have been the ones that came to me during my morning blow dry--the ones where I walk in the class-and
SCRAP THE PLAN--and embrace the moment

Today, while packing my classroom, I was all alone for a long time-no kids, no teachers, just me (and my ipod).  I thought about ALL THE TIME that I planned and planned but forgot to embrace the moment.

I have always believed that it is process over product, process over product...This year, I want to listen more...embrace more.  A second chance with this group is a gift.  I won't WASTE moments with the STUFF, the PLAN, the THINGS...My plan is simple...listen and embrace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment