Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My decision about birthdays ...for the next year...

5/13/2012

Dear Friends,

As many of you know, I am on a journey to discovering what 40 means to me. One of my passions and causes that I have always had a special place in my heart for is the issue of homelessness and poverty.    Last year, I asked you to forgo gifts for my birthday, and join me in a volunteering activity instead.  This past Christmas, I asked that you not buy gifts for Maris but instead donate to one of three causes, if you felt so inclined.  Looking ahead into this year of being 40, I have decided that for the remainder of the year, and I hope this is is acceptable to you, my friends-- I would like to forgo standard gifts in lieu of a donation in your name to the Faith Mission, Salvation Army, and Habitat for Humanity services.  This will occur from this point on until my next birthday in 2012.  I would also like to ask that for my 41st birthday that you forgo a gift to me and simply make a donation, if you are so inclined, to one of the previously mentioned organizations.  When it is your birthday, I will send you a card, and I will let you know where “your” dollars went.  Despite our many trials, each of us is blessed in ways.  It is my hope that through this philanthropy, we can provide a brighter day for someone else.  Happy Birthday, friends.  Wish big.

Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment