Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 15, 2012

week 21 of 40 7/15/2012

So, I found this quote on Pinterest (and of course, I cannot get it to embed), and it says:

"I want to sleep, but my brain won't stop talking to itself."

I think if my brain could scribe all of the things rushing through it, I would simply have pages upon pages upon pages of writing...

So, tonight, I am simply going to make a list. Embedded are some new "40" wisdoms, and some random things rushing through my mind.  I like bullets...and I love that my students always use them, too!!  :)

  • I really want to see Greg Laswell in concert...SOON-I need to see him live, in a small bar, with a cold beer, and I need him to play "Your Melody."
  • I just read on Yahoo that the number one trait in a successful marriage is empathy.  Am I empathetic enough?  In year 12, I have to wonder-am I empathetic or do I only seek empathy.  Need to think on this.
  • My hubby said today after a "family nap" that "the family that naps together, stays together."
  • When I woke from my nap today...I remembered out of the blue that I did a terrible thing when I was about 22 years old...I don't know what made remember it or why I had ever forgotten. I never told anyone, and I felt insanely guilty for a long, long time. Yet, today, it just popped into my mind the moment I woke up. I stole money. Not a lot.  but...I stole money.  Not from a person, per se...Not a lot of money...Well, there really is no explaining it.  I did it. How terrible.  How terrible.  Who the hell does that? ...What the hell could I have been thinking?  I don't even know why...Who the hell was I?

OK, now that I said that...where do I go from there?...This is my truth...Back to my spinning brain.

  • I love forehead kisses. They just mean so much more than the "sloppy, 17 year old, tongue in the mouth, I can't breathe" kind of kiss...
  • I think I finally believe at 40 that after years and years of doing my hair and make-up and picking out the perfect outfit that men really prefer a natural casual look ... (still love my mascara, though)
  • My mom is the real reason I love to read. She gets all the credit.  I want my daughter to say this about me someday, too. I should tell my mom this. I will.  I will tell her.
  • I am really territorial and protective when it comes to certain people in my life, yet, I am not a jealous person. Not at all. Just territorial. I just finished reading Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua, and I am a tiger.
  • Overwhelmed is an understatement for my emotional state lately. A few friends told me the other week that I am doing A LOT...I think ...they are correct.
  • The bangs have def made me look younger, but is it time to grow them out?  I am ready to be blonde again.
  • Managing the bedroom of an 8 month old is a hell of a lot more difficult than one might imagine--OCD kicking in
  • Puffs and Cheerios on the floor do not bother me--OCD moving out
  • I love nights on the patio!
  • Looking at my daughter's little clothes today makes me cry...why do they grow so fast? Why? I feel this crazed pressure to capture everything ... and in my state of capturing it, I fear I am missing it... Working on this ...working on this... because we can't remember everything...
  • but eventhough we don't remember everything, isn't it strange that we do remember the feelings? 
  • revealing my terrible thing is making me overthink other choices I have made...shut up, brain!
  • Sangria is ok, but I would rather just have wine-
....ok, I think I might be able to sleep a little...lots on my plate tomorrow, and one thing I cannot seem to learn is that I need to get the rest when I can!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment