Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2012

6/11/2012...week 16 of 40

Tomorrow my daughter will turn 7 months.
Where did the time go?
It ran from me...faster than I could have ever imagined it would
People told me it would...but you kinda have to live through these things to "get" it...

Looking back...
Pregnancy and motherhood
Combined with 40--have taught me a few things

One:
No matter how much I try to re-create my "old" life
It will never be the same
(I am so tired of pretending it is the same--it's NOT)

Two:
People have let me down
and have surprised me by stepping up
I am so over trying to include everyone
when I am not included
(I mean ...what sense does that make??)

Three:
My body has changed
but because it was able to create a life
            AMAZING
I know it is able to re-create itself
with my commitment of TIME
and only *I* can make this commitment
I am not too busy to work out
so, no excuses here
(so over listening to others' excuses-so I will not be joining *that* clique)

Four:
All of this hiding I have been writing about
Is over
for now
(and I am not apologizing for doing it...it's MY security blanket)

Five:
Watching Maris grow
is never dull or boring
it's fascinating
(as she is trying to bang on the keys as I type)

Six:
I miss my "thick" hair

Seven:
I am ready to really embrace this 40 thing...I mean really ready to face it...to acknowledge that
THIS
is my life...on MY terms--
no longer what I think people "expect" it to be
and I actually...love it.

Eight:
My life will never be the same
and I am really
glad
truly and honestly
(man, that feels good to write...really good).


**and yeah, I know this post might sound a little bitey--but that is why I created this space...to give my words, my voice, a place...to tell the truth--which is the only way I know

No comments:

Post a Comment